10. You swear Jesus Christ at the top of your lungs to no one in particular when you’re reading something on your screen.
9. You read your emails and start immediately rolling your eyes or shaking your head. Again, saying nothing and directed at no one in particular.
8. You can’t remember the last time you went to the bathroom but you’ve been at work for at least 4 hours.
7. You are eating lunch at 3pm and are grateful just to be putting food in your mouth.
6. You run between meetings. Not figuratively, literally, running between meetings because you’re so behind in your day.
5. You look around at all of your colleagues, who are all lovely people, and think, if I have to spend one more minute with you I’m going to lose my shit.
4. You start micro-managing everything – emails, meetings, people, documents. Everything looks wrong to you even though it’s a document you’ve probably seen at least once before and though, yeah, this is fine.
3. You walk into a meeting room and forget why you’re there. You know you have a meeting but you’re so overwhelmed by everything that you’ve forgotten what you’re there to discuss.
2. You start presentations to people by saying, I’m sorry I’m so disorganized but I’ve been really busy lately. And then proceed to give half of the right presentation and half of the wrong one.
and the #1 sign you know you need a break from work:
You’re in a meeting with your entire management team and your boss and you say far too loudly, “if we don’t stop talking about this subject, I think my head is going to explode all over this table”.
Ref: me at work on Tuesday. I tried very hard to maintain my cool but couldn’t and I blurted this out. I was, in my defense, trying to be funny and also move the conversation along. But there was some truth in it as well. Thankfully, I’m taking two weeks off, starting next week. Happy summer everyone, see you in August! xo Janet